Harrison Township is northeast township in Blackford County, Indiana. (Range: 11 East; Townships: 24 North & Range: 12 East; Townships: 24 North) The township was named after William Henry Harrison, a hero of the Battle of Tippecanoe fought on November 7, 1811 between U.S. armed forces and Native American local warriors; a former governor of the Indiana Territory, and ninth President of the United States.
Click to Enlarge: Map of Harrison Township →
Cities, Towns and Unincorpated Towns
Harrison Township contains one city and four unincorporated towns with three of them as ghost towns.
- Dorsey's Station (Ghost Town)
- Mollie (Ghost Town)
- Pleasantdale (Ghost Town)
The township contains at least eight cemeteries. See map above for location of these cemeteries.