Jackson Township is the southeast township in Blackford County, Indiana. (Range: 11 East; Townships: 22 North, 23 North, 24 North & Range: 12 East; Townships: 22 North, 23 North) The township was named after Andrew Jackson, a hero of the Battle of New Orleans fought on January 8, 1815 as the final battle of the War of 1812, and the seventh President of the United States.
Click to Enlarge: Map of Jackson Township →
Cities, Towns & Unincorporated Towns
Jackson Township contains a town and three unincorporated towns.
- Dunkirk (northwest edge)
- Converse (Ghost Town originally called Crumley's Crossing)
- Trenton (Post Office called Priam)
The township contains at least seven cemeteries: