Posted Queries for December 1997 thru January 1998
SURNAMES: A B CD E FG H IJ K LM N OP Q RS T UV W XY Z
- CAMPBELL, KOONS,OVERMAN posted by KathyZellers on Monday, December 15, 1997
- CAMPBELL, KOONS, OVERMAN. Interested in any information on the familiesof Joseph P.(1788-1855)and Mary (1791-1864)CAMPBELL. Both are buried inthe Robertson Cemetery on the Teeple farm in Clark County, as is theirdaughter Mary Ann (1816-1847), wife of Samuel OVERMAN (Abt 1816-Aft 1850).Their daughter Sarah Melvina OVERMAN (1846-1918) married George WashingtonKOONS (1847-1924), son of George (1809-??) and Mary (1810-1883)KOONS whomigrated to Clark County from Pennsylvania.
- BELL, GLASS, LACEY,LACY posted by BerniceJ Donoghue on Monday, December 15, 1997
- Looking for parents/family of Louisa BELL born 1826/7 KY. She married GeorgeGLASS June 1847 Clark Co IN. One dau Mary Louise GLASS born Oct 1847. Louisamarried 2nd, June 18 1852 Michael LACEY/LACY Clark Co IN.
- HINDS posted by KayWilder on Tuesday, December 23, 1997
- Looking for information on parents of Rufus Ward HINDS, b. 1833 Charlestown,Clark Cty., IA Parents:Solomon and Mary HINDS.
- BRIDGEWATER, HOUSERposted by Larry Howser on Wednesday, December24, 1997
- Seeking parents of Nancy BRIDGEWATER who moved with husband Elijah HOUSERto Clark Co.,IN in 1858 and they both died there in 1872. Both former residentsof KY.
- CUSTER, DOW postedby Bruce Custer on Friday, December 26, 1997
- Searching for info on Joshua Wells CUSTER Sr. b. 1796, died in Clark Countywas married to Olive DOW. Had ten children. They were born betwen 1833and 1853?.
- CUSTER, DOWDposted by Bruce Custer on Friday, December26, 1997
- CUSTER, Joshua W. and his wife DOWD, Olive married in Clark County 10-23-1834.
- DEAN, HALPIN,LAWSON, LICHTENTHALER,OGDEN, SCHANposted by Sam D. Lawson on Tuesday, December30, 1997
- I would very much like to share information about the Michael HALPIN familyof Jeffersonville, Calrk Co., Indiana. I do know that Michael had at leastthree children (I'm sure there were more...). There was: A. Mary Ann HALPINwho was born on 16 October, 1846, in Windsor (or Toronto) Canada. She marriedon 5 July, 1865, in Kane County, Illinois, to Bartholomew "Bartley" DEAN,of Roscommon, Ireland, born on 25 December, 1833. Mary Ann (HALPIN) DEANdied in Jeffersonville, Indiana, on 13 February, 1890. She was buried inthe Catholic Cemetery in Charlestown Twp., Clark Co., Indiana. He husband,Bartley DEAN, died on 23 April, 1911, in Jeffersonville, Indiana. He, too,was buried in the Catholoic Cemetery. They had lived on Illinois Street,in Jeffersonville, Clark County, Indiana. Their children were: CharlesWilliam DEAN who married Rose Wilhelmina SCHAN, daughter of Michael SCHANand Amelia LICHTENTHALER; Grace DEAN who married Columbus OGDEN; FrankDEAN; and two unknown children. B. Mrs. McNULTY, of Louisville, Kentucky.C. Mr. HALPIN, of Jeffersonville, Clark Co., Indiana. I do know that MichaelHALPIN married a Catherine _____. I have a notice from a Jeffersonvillenewspaper which states that he died in 1878 and was buried in the ChestnutGrove Cemetery in Clark Co., Indiana. Can someone please tell me whereChestnut Grove Cemetery is, and does a headstone exist there for him, MichaelHALPIN??? I would like to hear from those interested or researching thisHALPIN, DEAN, or SCHAN line... Sam D. LAWSON, 1929 Hiker Trace, Columbus,Indiana, 47203-3541 firstname.lastname@example.org
- BERKENMEYER, HORKHOUNER,WEIDNER posted by on Thursday, January 1,1998
- Am seeking any ancestral information on George W. BERKENMEYER, b. Aug.9, 1857, and his wife, Veronica WEIDNER, b. June 24, 1859, Bennetsville,Clark Co., IN, d/o Laurence WEIDNER and Gertrude HORKHOUNER(?), both bornGermany. Veronica d. Feb. 12, 1921, Louisville, Jefferson Co. KY. George& Veronica raised their family in Jeffersonville, Clark Co. and areburied there. They were my great- grandparents. Any information is appreciated.Sheila Reid
- MCCARTHY, MCCARTY,RADY, RAIDY postedby Margaret Raidy Baxter on Wednesday, January7, 1998
- Searching for any info or relatives of Michael RAIDY (RADY) & AbigalMCCARTHY (MCCARTY). Married in Nelson Co. KentuckyAug 7,1855. They movedto Jeffersonville and then to Speeds. They had 7 children Margaret, William,Michael, Sara (Sally), John, Florence and James. Michael worked as a blacksmithat the mill. Any info would be great.
- STONER posted by JudyHalpern on Sunday, January 11, 1998
- I am interested in finding information about the family of Daniel STONERwho first appeared in the Clark County 1830 census. His wife was Elizabethand they had 13 children: Lucinda (b 1814); John (b 1816); William (b 1817);Milton (b 1818); Mary (b 1822); Jeptha (b 1826); Daniel II (b 1829 andmy great grandfather); Catharine (b 1830); Rosanna (b ?); Jacob (b 1840);Andrew (b 1842); Jessie (b ?); Rebecca (b ?) all born in Clark County.I am especially interested in learning about Daniel I's ancestors. Anyassistance is most appreciated. Thank you,
- CUNNINGHAM, HILLposted by Roger Boardman on Thursday, January15, 1998
- CUNNINGHAM - HILL Squire HILL married Mary Ann CUNNINGHAM on 5 Apr 1830in Clark Co., IN. Squire's brother, Joseph HILL married Nancy CUNNINGHAMon 16 Jan 1829 in Clark Co., IN. We suspect that Nancy and Mary Ann aresisters but haven't been able to prove it. We haven't been able to findany other records to indicate who the ladies' parents were or if therewere any other siblings. Any help would be appreciated. Squire and Joseph'sparents were Abram and Mary HILL who settled in Bourbon Co., KY in the1790s. No clues yet where Abram and Mary HILL were from. I suspect thatAbram died in the 1830s in KY.
- WERFEL, WUERFEL,WURFEL posted by ed,bennett on Sunday, January 18, 1998
- researching WURFEL/WUERFEL/WERFEL surnames, i know there were a few familiesliving in clark county in 1850 or so. particularly interested in georgewurfel from germany, son fred. maybe more children, wife may have beenchristina or mary or maybe both over time. the family appeared to havelived in ky and indiana, fred was born in ky in 1860. fred married in kyin 1890s sally edgerton, they lived in fredericksburg, indiana, washingtoncounty for a time, then came to jeffersonville,perhaps because fred hadfamily there. they later moved to louisville where they lived and died.fred's children included george, jess, elmer, fred, clara, margaret. anyinformation is appreciated.
- MORRIS, SHAW,SHULTZ, WILLIAMSposted by Carol Ann (Williams) Ealey on Wednesday,January 21, 1998
- Fon Edward WILLIAMS m.#1, Blanche MORRIS on Nov. 18, 1901, son Harry Merrill,b. Mar. 20, 1903. Fon m.#2, Beulah SHULTZ, Apr. 4, 1904 m.#3, Cora Masters,Aug. 21, 1907 children Miles b. 1908, Chester b. 1914, m.#4, Sarah SHAW,Nov. 14, 1915. Seeking information any of these families.
- DYRE, YATES postedby Mark Fain on Sunday, January 25, 1998
- I would like to add my g grandfather John YATES to the surname list. Helived in Clark Co. IN and married my g grandmother Sarah Lee DYRE on 2-6-1897in Clark Co. IN.
- DOUGHERTY, FREEMAN,STICKLER posted by MaryTaylor on Sunday, January 25, 1998
- I am researching the following surnames: DOUGHERTY, STICKLER and FREEMANin Clark Co. and Floyd Co. in Indiana around 1830's & 1840's.
Return to the Clark CountyGENWEB main page
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper,an application written by Patty Lindsay.