Beech Knoll was an Old Indian Burial Ground. It is located in a part of Beech Grove Cemetery.
The East Main Street Burial place was located just east of Beacon Street. In 1908 when the sidewalks along East Main Street were put in, it was found that William Blunt's remains were still there. A Marker was erected in Beech Grove Cemetery by the Paul Revere chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution.
An Early Indian Burial Ground was on the north side of White River at the northern point in the stream, close to where the "Appeal To The Great Spirit" Monument is located.
According to DAR records, the remains of Revolutionary War Veteran John McConnell and his wife Barbara were moved to Beech Grove Cemetery from a place on west 12th Street, known as Forrest Park. The remains were moved because gas was found there.
In November of 1850, Rodham Graves was buried near the east fence line on ground owned at that time by William Y. Williams. The site was located along County Road 150 South between County Roads 250 West and 300 West. in Section 19 of this township.
Munceytown's Cemetery was located on West Adams Street, just west of the Old Central High School, where the Ball Corporation Building is now. The burials in this cemetery were disinterred and moved to Beech Grove Cemetery when it opened.
While digging for a basement in the 300 block of East Wysor Street, bones of a Man, Woman and Child were found. It was said to be an old burial ground. The remains were moved to Beech Grove Cemetery.
USGENWEB NOTICE: In keeping with our policy of providing free information on the Internet, data may be used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format for profit or other presentation.