Liberty Township Cemeteries
Gone But Not Forgotten

cemfence.gif - 1855 Bytes

The following is a list of cemeteries that once existed in Liberty Township.

This includes places where people were interred but there are no markers,
or places where the remains were moved and reinterred in other cemeteries.

If you have more information for any of these cemeteries, please send an Email to: Gina Richardson


Canaday, Kennedy, or Williams Cemetery

Located at the curve on the south bank of White River, southeast of Smithfield. Near Hills and Dales, in section 27 of Liberty Township. It has been said that the caskets were seen floating down stream during one of the floods. At one time the Church of God Reformation owned land along the river in Smithfield. They would hold Baptism services on the banks.


Hutchings Cemetery

Located on County Road 170 South just west of County Road 700 East. In section 22, of Liberty Township. No stones are visible now.


Old Mount Tabor Cemetery

Located in section 30 of Liberty Township. The stones were piled against a tree and were moved when the road was changed to the present Mount Tabor Cemetery in the older section. It is shown on the 1876 atlas. The present Mount Tabor Cemetery is located on County Road 200 South on both sides of the road.




Return to Delaware County Cemeteries Page

Return to Delaware County INGenWeb Page

Gina Richardson - Delaware County Coordinator: richardson69@comcast.net

Delaware County INGenWeb 2006-2011 by Gina Richardson

USGENWEB NOTICE: In keeping with our policy of providing free information on the Internet, data may be used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format for profit or other presentation.