Bethel Church Artifacts
Click Image To Enlarge
At one time Bethel had many members. Not much history was found on Bethel. However, a 1904 program shows Bethel and Lemmons Churches shared a pastor, Rev. E. J. Bowling. The church closed in 1907.
The Bethel Cemetery is cared for by Boone Township officials, and is in good condition after a restoration in 2011.
In 1919 the church building was torn down and the lumber was hauled to Cuzco to be used in the church that was to be rebuilt there.
Horses were used to pull the wagons loaded with lumber over land to their destination on top of a steep hill in Cuzco. During the process of tearing down the church, a camp was set up and it took several weeks to complete the removal.