|Cuzco, Indiana Churches|
The little town of Cuzco once had two churches.
The Methodist Church or Simmons Methodist Episcopal Church was located on the Cuzco - Dubois road, approximately one mile from town.
The church was organized in 1880, with the church being built in 1888 at a cost of approximately $500. Cuzco Cemetery was located across the road. The church is no longer standing. A private residence now sits in it's place. Cuzco Cemetery is still in use.
The Cuzco Christian Church did not exist until 1919, and has a very unusual and interesting history. Bethel Methodist Episcopal Church, located in Madison Township near Ireland on SR 56 about 1/3 mile southeast of Bethel Cemetery, was disassembled and moved by horse and wagon to the top of the steep hill in Cuzco. The church was unused for a period in the late 1990's, but does have a regular service at this time. Follow the links below for the story of each.
|Bethel Methodist Episcopal Church|
|Cuzco Christian Church|