Cooper Cemetery

Described by George W. Milburn in 1932 as "abandoned", this pioneer cemetery was restored
November 17, 2001, by Delbert Himsel, Jr., Dave Reese, Pat Mullen, Fred Hollinden, and John Fierst.
An interesting aspect of the project was the stone of Mary Milburn. The marker had been leaned against a dogwood tree,
which eventually grew around the top of the marker, creating what Del Himsel called a "crown" of dogwood.
The project was completed with the placement of a memorial marker May 17, 2002.
Restoration photos by Delbert Himsel, Jr.
Click photo to enlarge
Cooper before restorationBefore Restoration Repair underway
Repair in Process

Repair in Process

Jonathan Milburn in Process
Jonathan Milburn
Jonathan Milburn

Sarah Milburn
Sarah Milburn
Mary Milburn
Mary Milburn in Dogwood
Mary Milburn
Mary Milburn
Mary Milburn
Mary Milburn
Cooper Cemetery After Restoration
Restoration Completed
Setting The Stone
The Final Touch
Cooper Wildflowers
Cooper Cemetery Wildflowers
Mary Milburn Replica
Mary Milburn Replica
by Del Himsel
Cooper Cemetery
Cooper Cemetery Today

Charlie Tredway Dubois Co., INGenWeb Coordinator
Back to Cemetery Restoration Page
2010 Charlie Tredway and Contributors