Source: Veedersburg News, Veedersburg, Fountain County, Indiana Friday, July 28, 1916
About 4:30 Sunday afternoon the Hotel Attica, Attica, Ind. was discovered on fire, caused by an overheated bath heater in the rear of the building. Rufus Epperson, who conducts a feed barn near the hotel discovered the fire which had broken out on the roof. The Attica Fire Department did all possible and the Williamsport Department came to their assistance giving in all six streams of water on the building until the fire was under control. The hotel was a 3-story building and was owned by Thomas J. Blessing. The loss was estimated at $15,000 with an insurance of $5,000 on the building with none on the contents.
- typed by kbz - sent by Sharen - thanks so much. Sad but interesting !!
All material Copyrighted 2017 by INGenWeb, This site last updated: January 26, 2017