HEFFNER & Hayes, Hillsboro - Fountain County INGenWeb Project

Go to content

Main menu:

HEFFNER & Hayes, Hillsboro

Heffner & Hayes, drugs and medicines, Hillsboro

Source: Beckwith, H.W. History of Fountain County, Indiana., Chicago: HH Hill, 1881 Page 491

Mr. Heffner came from Ohio in 1874, Mr. Hayes from Tennessee in 1867; commenced business together in October 1878, opening a new store with a new choice stock of goods, which they keep new and fresh by constant replenishment, an essential feature in the conduct of the drug and medicine trade. They also keep trusses, braces, and other appliances useful in repairing injuries or correcting deformities. A minor specialty is a stock of jewelry, watches, clocks, etc., which though small, is select and tasteful. They also supply the community with stationery, fancy goods, notions, the children with school books and the inhabitants of the township generally with musical instruments, either from their stock or upon orders, from a jewsharp to a Chickering or a Steinway grand. The members of the firm are young and healthy, and having all the resources of material medica at their disposal, ought to be able to retain these qualifications indifferently. The large stock now on hand being all paid for, the firm can be considered financially as well as physically sound, conditions which leave no room for apprehensions concerning its future. -- typed by KBZ
All material Copyrighted 2017 by INGenWeb, This site last updated: January 26, 2017
Back to content | Back to main menu