Princeton, Indiana Newspaper, June 12, 1964
Marilyn Sue White
Owensville (Special) – Mrs. Marilyn Sue White, 25, died at Baptist Hospital in Evansville Wednesday, June 10, 1964 following a stove explosion accident Memorial Day.
Mrs. White graduated from Princeton High School in 1956 and had training in Evansville College School of Nursing. She was a member of Modern Mothers Home Demonstration Club and Maumee General Baptist Church Owensville and Golden Fleece Chapter, Order of the Eastern Star of Princeton.
She is survived by her husband, Tom; one daughter, Michele; her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Carroll Gray of Princeton and two brothers, Max Gray of Benton, Ill., and Gordon Gray of Rockford Ill.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Maumee General Baptist Church with burial in Maumee Cemetery. The Rev. David Griffin will officiate.
Friends may call at Holder Funeral Home today.
Princeton, Indiana Newspaper, June 1, 1964
Four Countians Burned While on Fishing Trip
Columbia (Princeton) – A Columbia (Church Community) area couple and their married daughter are patients today in Welborn Hospital, Evansville, after being severely burned in an explosion early Saturday, May 30, 1964, near the New Harmony Dam on the Ohio River.
Mr. and Mrs. Carroll Gray, Columbia, were in ‘fair’ condition today at the hospital and their daughter Mrs. Thomas (Marilyn) White of Johnson was regarded in a more serious condition.
They and Mrs. White’s two year old daughter, Michele, were burned when fumes from a gasoline stove exploded in a camping truck. The mishap occurred while Mr. and Mrs. Gray and the young girl were asleep and Mrs. White was attempting to make a pot of coffee. Mr. White was fishing at the time.
The two year old girl was released from the hospital after being treated for burns.