Elkhart (IN) Daily Review
December 14, 1904
page 2


Bedford, Indiana, Dec. 14 – Fire at Oolitic burned over almost the entire business district of that town of 1,500 people and caused a property loss of $30,000. The fire started in the clothing store of Will Levi, the cause being the explosion of a hanging gasoline tank used for supplying the lamps that provided the building with light. Among the losses is the Oolitic News plant which was damaged $1,000. Several buildings were torn away to stop the flames.

Typed and donated by Randi Richardson.