Bloomington (IN) Telephone
April 5, 1910
$500,000 STONE COMPANY
Bedford Democrat: "Articles of incorporation of the Reed Stone Company have been filed with the secretary of state and were this morning filed with the recorder of Lawrence County. The capital stock of the corporation is $500,000 in 5,000 shares of $100 each. The directors as named in the incorporation papers are W. S. Holcombe, Richard Roberts, W. E. Powers, Louis Roberts and Albert H. Dunihue. The headquarters of the company is Bedford.
"The business of the corporation is to mine, prepare for market, sell and deliver stone, and the life of the corporation is fixed at 50 years.
"The general purpose of the organization is to take over all of what is known as the Reed properties that include the Indiana Cut Stone Company, the Norton-Reed Stone Company, the Bedford-New York Quarries Company, the Bedford Quarry Company and the Oolitic Stone Company of Indiana, the latter being in Monroe County. The business of these companies is in no way effected by the corporation which is merely an organization brining under one head for better working arrangements several of the best stone mille and quarry properties in the Oolitic district."
Typed and donated by Randi Richardson.