Montgomery County, Indiana
Court RecordsDiaries & Journals
Family Fact Sheets
KEENEY, Dr. Henry
KEENEY, Dr. Henry, son of James & Caron Kenney was b. in Pulaski Co Ky Oct 8, 1811. He moved with his parents to Montgomery Co in 1829 and located on Dry Branch, So. of Crawfordsville, where they lived for a short time, then located in Crawfordsville. Being a carpenter and joiner, Henry assisted in the construction of the first courthouse in Crawfordsville in 1832; Oct 8, of the same year, he was marr. to Miss Polly H, daughter of John & Ruhama Hughes. in 1841, commenced the study of medicine under Drs. Sloan and Herndon of Crawfordsville, continuing for six years, then commenced practice in Crawfordsville. In the year 1849, Dr. Keeney built and moved into his present home (the first house in Linden). Has been actively engaged as a physician up to this present date. During his marr life, 7 children have been b: John, b. Aug 19, 1833; Lucretta M d. in infancy; Louisiana, March 19, 1836, now Mrs. D. Thules; Ruhama, Feb 1, 1838, now Mrs. R. Sparger; James Feb 29, 1840; died March 1, 1872; Uel, Feb 8, 1842; and William H, June 8, 1851. William H, the youngest son is a practicing physician; and lives in Linden. Dr. K. is a member of Linden Lodge No 393 of Odd Fellows, also a member of the Methodist Church.