One of the original townships when Newton County was formed in 1860.
Morocco was the first town platted in 1851 by John Murphey
Please refer to the Newcomer Index for more Morocco History
Murphey Cemetery is located on the west side of the town of
Morocco. From the intersection of US 41 and SR 114 go west, to the last
street in town, West Street, turn north, go one block north, it is on
the east side.
Oakland Cemetery is lcoated north of Morocco on US 41 on the west side of the highway.Section 16.
Bell Cemetery is located on
private property. From the intersection of US 41 and SR 114, go north
to CR 350S, turn right (east), go north on 200W to 300S, (curve in
road). Head east approximately 1.5 miles. Off road behind an old
trailer on north side of 300S. Section 13.
Smith-Holley Cemetery is
located south of Morocco. At the intersection of US 41 and SR 114 go
south on US 41 to 600S, turn east to 100W, go north, located on the
left. Section 35.
Link here to the Newton County Cemetery listings.
Town of Morocco