Iroquois Township was one of the original townships in 1860 when the county was formed. The town Brook,
which was platted by S. H. Benjamin in 1866. The original Brook
Settlement was located approximately 2.5 miles southwest of the town of
Brook today, along the Iroquois River. The town of Foresman
was platted in 1882 by J. B. Foresman. For more information about the
history of Iroquois Township, Brook and Foresman, visit the Newcomer site.
The Riverside Cemetery
is located in Section 20. From US 41 and SR 16 go east through the town
of Brook, it will be on the south side of the road just outside the
Link here to the Newton County Cemetery listings.