Orangeville Township Section 12, T2N R2W. Abandoned.
Located west of Orangeville on the old Samuel Wilson farm, later owned by William Shirley, then living in Orleans, Ind., had a massive concrete marker placed on the cemetery site, which is in a field, near a country road. Inscription on the two faces of the marker are viz: "Two soldiers of the American Revolution, Samuel Moffett, Ephraim Daily. About 20 unknown Pioneer dead were buried here from 1820-1840."
The following is a transcript of data recorded by the Lost River Chapter of the DAR in the 1940's and remains their property. This page may be freely copied for your personal use but may not be reproduced in any public media without permission
Copyright © The Lost River Chapter of the DAR and Orange
Samuel Wilson, Born in Pennsylvania in 1796. Died November 2,1823. His brother James, (Cap't Bear) fought at the Battle of Tippecanoe Nov. 7,1811. Rachel Charles, wife of Samuel Wilson, died 1825, age 23 years, daughter of Joel Charles, who came from South Carolina to French Lick, Indiana in 1811. Her brother William Charles was killed by Indians April 1813.
Note: "Bear Jim" Wilson, mentioned on this marker, was a famous hunter. He is buried at the Urton-Wilson Cemetery in Northwest Township. William Charles was buried near this French Lick Fort. The generally accepted date of the tragedy is May 30, 1813.