Pruett Family (Northwest Twp),
transcription done in the 1940's:
Contributed by, Robert E. Lane
The name occurs Prewett. Families of this name were among the earliest settlers in the township.
Richard Pruett entered three tracts of land in this section in 1853 and 1854.
The cemetery is on a part of that land. It is near the site of the old
Pierce School house and is now overgrown with trees. There are perhaps
a dozen graves with no markers with inscriptions.
Known to be buried there are Richard Pruett and his wife Mary, called
Polly, who was a Pruett before their marriage in 1839, and 3 of their
children, Adeline, Noah and Johnie. Polly Pruett died about 1890 and
was the last person buried there.