Wilson Family Cemetery
As Transcribed by the Lost River DAR
Orangeville Township Section 4, T2N R1W. Abandoned.
Nearly one mile north of Wesley Chapel lies this little family graveyard. Joseph Wilson was probably the first person to be buried there. There are a few graves marked only by field stones, the identity of those so being buried are unknown. Joseph Wilson and Mary Britton were married in Bucks County, PA. in 1786. After the Revolutionary War they moved to Virginia, then came to Orange County, Indiana in 1817. In 1938 a government marker was placed at the grave of Joseph Wilson by descendants, and dedicated with appropriate ceremonies by Lost River Chapter D.A.R.
The following is a transcript of data recorded by the Lost River Chapter of the DAR in the 1940's and remains their property. This page may be freely copied for your personal use but may not be reproduced in any public media without permission
Copyright © The Lost River Chapter of the DAR and Orange
NICHOLS, George son of J.N. & N. b. May 28/1843 age 5y.
WESTFALL, Sarah w. of J.W. age 27y.
WESTFALL, infant daut. of J.W. & S. d. Mar. 12/1858 age 4M/6d.
WILSON Polly, daut. of J.& M Jan. 20/1853 age 6 y., gr. daut. of Joseph, Sr.)
WILSON, Mary wife of Joseph d. Oct. 5/1843. 80Y/10m/17d.
WILSON, Joseph d.1826 age 84Y. Gov't marker: Joseph Wilson,
Pennsylvania 1st Lieut. Capt. Matthew Grier's Co. Col. Arthur Erwins
2nd. Bat. 1826.