Orange County Family File Cabinet
The purpose of this page is to organize miscellaneous information pertaining to Orange County families, just as in a file cabinet. You are invited to browse through the various files, and check back often for additions.
The more files we have, the more useful it is to all. If you have family information you would like to share, please send to Charlie Tredway . Family group sheets, a pedigree charst, wills, (or abstract/extract from one), family bible records, or any other documents or data are needed.
Look into the File Cabinet
What can you find in the file cabinet? Well, it's organized alphabetically by the surname of the primary person to which the document pertains. There are also two special drawers, one for One-Name Studies, and one for Pedigree Charts.
File Drawers A to Z
One-Name Studies of Orange County
These are pages dedicated to one surname and contain any information that can be found about that surname as it pertains to Orange County. If you have ever collected information on one specific family (ex. all the SMITH marriages in Book A, or all the JONES burials in the Odd Fellows Cemetery), take a minute to type them up and send them to me. I need to know the sources for your material.
Then, others can contribute any further information they may have on a surname. These pages should be on-going projects.
To begin a one-name study, email Charlie Tredway.
Pedigree Charts of Orange County
- ANDREW, Robert (1730)
- BENNETT, Charles Barton (1922- )
- COMPTON, John Larkin (1881-1971)
- COX, Elizabeth (b. abt 1816)
- GRIDER, Eddie Martin (1873-1963)
- KELLAMS, Rosa (1874-1955)
- MOORE, Frederick Thomas (1875-1939)
- McCAWLEY, Urina PICKARD (1812-1871)
- McDONALD, David James (1877-1958)
- McIVER, Phyllis Ellen (1929- )
- OVERLIN, John Harrison (1819-1883)
- OWEN, Arnold Clements (1927- )
- SIGLER, Teresa
- WALTON, James Perry (1834-1903)
When submitting a pedigree chart, please adhere to the following:
- limit it to 4-generations
- include only people who have already passed on, for privacy reasons; if you want to know how a submitter relates to a chart, you may email them directly
- submit the information you would like me to include, and I will input it as soon as possible
To submit information for a pedigree chart, email Charlie Tredway.