Mineral Springs Hotel
The Mineral Springs Hotel opened its doors to the public in 1896 and stands today on the Square in Paoli. This photo, from a real photo postcard, dated June 10, 1909, depicts this hotel in its original, stand alone structure state. Today there are buildings abutting both sides of the building. The facade of the building has changed very little in the past 105 years. Built to compete with the spa hotels in French Lick and West Baden, the hotel never realized its hope of glory. But, unlike the dozens of Springs Valley Hotels, it survives today, where all but few of the Valley hotels have been razed and forgotten.