Historical Articles of Orange County
This page contains links to articles of historical significance in relation to Orange County. If you have an article you would like to submit, please make sure you have permission to use it, then send it to me.
- History of Maple Street, French Lick
- History of French Lick
- Memoirs of Fred Dillard-Town of Newton Stewart
- History of Orangeville Township written by Rev. N. F. Denny
- History of West Baden and French Lick Springs and Lost River by A. J. Rhodes
- West Baden Springs Hotel Project, off site history of hotel
- West Baden - A Brief Sketch written by Orleans PROGRESS, October 10, 1895
- West Baden Springs Hotel Fire of 1901 First hand account of the great hotel fire appearing in the Springs Valley Herald, June 11, 1914
- West Baden Springs Hotel - 1900, The "old" hotel, line drawings and commentary.
- West Baden Springs Hotel - Gambling Expose - 1895, stories highlight the gambling in West Baden by the Indianapolis Sentinel and the Chicago Chronicle.
- Moneyed Men of Orange County - 1891, People and Business with tax assessments of over $5,000.
- French Lick - 1911, A letter to the editor imploring people to support road building in the town of French Lick
- Orleans' Magnetic Sulphur Spring - 1892, To compete in the Health Resort industry, Orleans redrills their mineral springs.
- Paoli's Mineral Springs Hotel - 1896, Paoli's answer to the West Baden and French Lick Springs spa business.
- West Baden Springs Fire of 1917, A major fire destroys the outbuildings at the hotel, resulting in the building of the Sunken Garden and associated spring houses.
- Red Lickers and Soiled Doves - 1919, Prohibition Agents Raid West Baden and French Lick, crackdown on booze and prostitutes.
- Ballard Hotel Expands - 1911, The Homestead Hotel grows to it present size.
- Orleans Fire of 1897, The destruction of half of Orleans Square and it's rebuilding.
- Historical facts from past Index pages
- History of Orange County by Goodspeed Publishing Company, 1884.
- Minutes of the November Session, Orange County Commission From Paoli Weekly News, 1877