Presbyterian Church Society of Salem was organized in log cabin of Mr. John Wilson in the fall of 1838 and continued until the fall of 1839. Services were conducted by the Rev. Royal Littlefield.
Charter members were John Wilson and wife, George Brown, wife, and son George Jr., Mrs. Fanny Butler, Mrs Meleta Butler, Sarah and Catherine McKinlay, Moses S. Parsell and wife.
Source:1885 History of Steuben County page 734
Submitted By: Jean Ann Childers