Angola High School

The original AHS was built in 1883 and replaced in 1932 (where the existing AHS still stands). 10 lots were deeded to the Town of Angola for the school in 1863, by Alanson W. and Louisa Hendry.  The  gymnasium had opening ceremonies on Jan 27-29, 1922.  This structure was actually a combination gymnasium/auditorium, to be used by the Angola schools as well as the community.
The location of where students went to school before 1883, was at (or near) where the Weicht mansion was. 

Submitted By:  Tom Bender     E-mail: