a.k.a. Ash Grove
Tippecanoe Township
Tippecanoe County, Indiana

    Location ½ mile east of highway 43 N. on Co. Road 900 N.  It is about 4 miles south of Brookston and 4 miles north of Battleground.  Surrounded by iron fence it was cleared and restored in 2000.
    This cemetery was located on the old Harvey farm owned by Robert Harvey on the old Ash Grove road.  His wife, Henrietta Harvey, inherited the farm with a birth right going to his youngest son Joseph Parnell Harvey.  In 1838 Joseph and Mary Harvey sold that birth right to his brother, John Pollard Harvey.  Unfortunately, John was killed in 1849 and the courts issued a decree saying that parts of the land should be sold for the support of Henrietta.  She passed away in 1856 and John's descendants took possession.  In 1862 Eliza J. Harvey, John's daughter, sold the land to John R. McAfee.  McAfee's descendants hold title to the surrounding cemeteries land to this day.
        Information above and some photos provided by Steve Harvey.  Sources for the above information are listed at the bottom of this page.  Other photos are courtesy of L.A. Clugh.




Robert Harvey   Aug. 19, 1835   57y, 10m, 29d
Elizabeth (Archibald) Harvey –Bryan 
Wife of John P. Harvey and 2nd David Bryan
  July 25, 1854   40y, 11m, 7d
George Bryan, same stone as Elizabeth   Oct. 28, 1854
Bellvinia (Brown) Stewart 

May 19, 1837
Born Ross Co., Ohio.
Dec. 20, 1859    21y, 7m, 1d
Dec. 20, 1858    28y, 7m, 1d
She is listed as granddaughter to Robert and wife of James Riley Stewart. He is at Pretty Prairie Cem.
David Shock, husband of Emma J. ___ June 24, 1851 March 14, 1933 
Pvt. George W. Harvey
Company D, 40th Ind. Inf.
May 25, 1841 Dec. 31, 1862
Others that were possibly buried here: 
Edwin Brown   1843
Nicy Ann (Parker) Brown his wife   1863
4 Brown infants   1852---1853
David Brown Dec. 20, 1853  






Harvey Descendants Visiting the Cemetery



© 2002-2009 Tippecanoe County INGenWeb Project
and Steve Harvey
All rights reserved