1. FRANCIS1 BRIGLER was born May 04, 1782 in France ?, and died Unknown in Unknown. He married BARBARA JONES Unknown in Unknown.
Child of FRANCIS BRIGLER and BARBARA JONES is:
2. FRANK (FRANCIS)2 BRICKLER (FRANCIS1 BRIGLER) was born Abt. 1820 in Germany, and died November 13, 1882 in Tippecanoe County, IN. He married PHILOBENA (MUELLER) MILLER February 03, 1847 in New Alsace, Dearborn County, IN, daughter of JOSEPH (MILLER) and MARY SCHNETFER.
Notes for FRANK (FRANCIS) BRICKLER:
Marriage records for Dearborn County, IN list the elder Frank Brickler's wife as Philobena Mueller.
Frank Brickler the elder is buried in St. Boniface Cemetery in Lafayette, IN.
Another researcher's records show that the elder Frank Brickler was born in 1830, however it is unlikely he could have been and been married in 1847, therefore I have changed the date, until further verification, to 1820.
The source for Frank Brickler's parents was World Family Tree, Volume 28, Tree #1649, documentation unknown to Sharon Parrish.
Notes for PHILOBENA (MUELLER) MILLER:
The information concerning Philobena (Phoebe) Miller's parents came from World Family Tree, Volume 28, Tree #1649. The exact source for this determination is not known to Sharon Parrish.
Children of FRANK BRICKLER and PHILOBENA MILLER are:
ii. ELIZABETH BRICKLER, b. 1850.
iii. MARY BRICKLER, b. 1853; m. MICHAEL HAHN.
iv. SIMON BRICKLER, b. 1854.
v. MARGARET BRICKLER, b. 1856; m. ? LEONARD OR LANNERTS.
vi. MINNIE BRICKLER, b. 1858; m. MICHAEL? BECKER.
3. vii. FRANK BRICKLER, b. April 1863, IN; d. October 31, 1916, Tippecanoe County, IN (Sheffield Township).
3. FRANK3 BRICKLER (FRANK (FRANCIS)2, FRANCIS1 BRIGLER)1 was born April 1863 in IN, and died October 31, 1916 in Tippecanoe County, IN (Sheffield Township). He married ADA FAY HAYDEN2 June 29, 1886 in Tippecanoe County, IN, daughter of WILLIAM HAYDEN and ELVIRA HART.
Notes for FRANK BRICKLER:
Marriage Record, Tippecanoe County, IN, Book C-18, page 156. Marriage application shows parents of Ada Hayden as William Hayden and Ellen Hart, Book S-17, page 125. Marriage application shows parents of Frank Brickler as Frank Brickler and Phillipina Miller (Book S-17, page 123.
Frank Brickler's death record from Tippecanoe County, IN records, 515 L. He died in 1916 in Sheffield Township, is buried at Dayton Cemetery.
Notes for ADA FAY HAYDEN:
In her mother Elvira Hayden's obituary, Ada is listed as a surviving daughter and it gives her names as Mrs. Ada Linn of Onarga, Illinois. The Illinois Death Index, 1916-1938 gives Ada Linn's death date as April 7, 1934!
The surname Linn came from Elvira Hayden's obituary, it listed daughter Ada as Ada Linn so Ada must have re-married after Frank Brickler died in 1916. Ada's death date per Illinois Death Index 1916-1938.
Children of FRANK BRICKLER and ADA HAYDEN are:
ii. WILLIAM BRICKLER, b. February 1890, IN; d. Unknown, Unknown3.
iii. FLORENCE F. BRICKLER, b. September 1892, Tippecanoe County, IN; d. 1963, Unknown; m. HENRY CATTERSON, October 06, 1914, Tippecanoe County, IN.
5. iv. CORA BRICKLER, b. March 10, 1895, IN; d. Unknown, Unknown.
v. BESSIE B. BRICKLER, b. January 1898, Tippecanoe County, IN; d. Unknown, Unknown; m. MICHAEL BUMBLEBERG, December 12, 1919, Tippecanoe County, IN.
Notes for BESSIE B. BRICKLER:
Marriage date per Tippecanoe County, IN records.
vi. GLADYS BRICKLER, b. Abt. 1911, IN; d. Unknown, Unknown3.
Gladys Brickler is listed as age 9 on the 1920 Tippecanoe County, IN census.
vii. EDNA BRICKLER, b. Unknown.
4. BERTHA A.4 BRICKLER (FRANK3, FRANK (FRANCIS)2, FRANCIS1 BRIGLER) was born Bet. 1886 - 1887 in Tippecanoe County, IN, and died February 16, 1963 in Marion County, IN (Indianapolis) (Buried Salem Cemetery, Sheffield Twp., Tippecanoe County, IN)4. She married WILLIAM T. WYANT September 07, 1904 in Tippecanoe County, IN.
Notes for BERTHA A. BRICKLER:
Marriage applications, Tippecanoe County, IN, Book S21, page 11. Death date per stone and info found in obituary.
Children of BERTHA BRICKLER and WILLIAM WYANT are:
ii. CRYSTAL WYANT, b. Abt. 1912.
Notes for CORA BRICKLER:
Marriage record, Tippecanoe County, IN, Book C-36, page 17.
It is unknown whether Cora Brickler Dorton died young or if she and Scott Dorton were divorced but it seems probable the latter was the case, the writer has not been able to find out when Cora Brickler Dorton died or if she re-married after divorcing Scott Dorton.
Family lore says that Cora Brickler had a male child by Scott Dorton, however this has not been verified as of this date. (SP)
"Female child" Dorton was put up for adoption and placed in an orphanage at about age 3 years, she was adopted by another family soon after.
Children of CORA BRICKLER and WINFIELD DORTON are:
Notes for "FEMALE CHILD" DORTON:
Birth date from birth certificate.
ii. "MALE CHILD" DORTON, b. Aft. 1920.
1. Tippecanoe County, IN marriage transcripts, Book S17, page 123; marriage records, Book C18, page 156; death records (515L, page 88),.
2. Marriage transcript, Tippecanoe County, IN (Book S17, page 125).
3. 1920 Census, Tippecanoe County, IN, City of Lafayette.
4. Tippecanoe County, IN death records, (521, page 11).
5. Tippecanoe County, IN marriage records, Book C-36, page 17); marriage transcripts; 1920 Tippecanoe County, IN census..
6. Tippecanoe County, IN marriage records (Book C-36, page 17); 1920 Tippecanoe County, IN census.
7. Names of birth parents from birth certificate of "Female Child".
©2002 Mike Freed