1. BENJAMIN1 HART was born 1800 in Virginia, and died Abt. 1870 in Clinton County, IN. He married MARY A. BRAFFORD December 17, 1832 in Clinton Co., Indiana.
Notes for BENJAMIN HART:
List of Benjamin Hart's children from 1870 Clinton County, IN census.
Children of BENJAMIN HART and MARY BRAFFORD are:
2. i. WILLIAM2 HART, b. Abt. 1835, Clinton County, IN; d. Unknown, Unknown.
iii. MARGARET HART, b. Abt. 1840.
iv. ANN E. HART, b. Abt. 1844.
3. v. ELVIRA HART, b. December 12, 1849, Jefferson, Clinton County, IN; d. November 14, 1933, Dayton, Tippecanoe Co.,Indiana.
vi. ELMIRA HART, b. December 21, 1849.
2. WILLIAM2 HART (BENJAMIN1) was born Abt. 1835 in Clinton County, IN, and died Unknown in Unknown. He married MARY M. ?.
Children of WILLIAM HART and MARY ? are:
ii. WILLIAM C. HART, b. Abt. 1863.
iii. BENJAMIN HART, b. Abt. 1865.
iv. ALVA C. HART, b. Abt. 1869.
Notes for ELVIRA HART:
The obituary of Ada Hayden's mother shows that her name was Elvira Hart, daughter of Benjamin and Mary Hart ; the census of 1870 for Clinton County, IN shows her first name as Elvira. There is a marriage record in Clinton County records for Benjamin Hart and Mary Brafford.
Child of ELVIRA HART and WILLIAM HAYDEN is:
Notes for ADA FAY HAYDEN:
In her mother Elvira Hayden's obituary, Ada is listed as a surviving daughter and it gives her names as Mrs. Ada Linn of Onaraga, Illinois. The Illinois Death Index, 1916-1938 gives Ada Linn's death date as April 7, 1934!
The surname Linn came from Elvira Hayden's obituary, it list as Ada Linn so must have re-married after Frank Brickler died in 1916. Ada's death per Illinois Death Index 1916-1938.
Notes for FRANK P. BRICKLER:
Marriage Record, Tippecanoe County, IN, Book C-18, page 156. Marriage application shows parents shows parents of Ada Hayden as William Hayden and Ellen Hart, Book S-17, page 125. Marriage application shows parents of Frank Brickler as Frank Brickler and Phillipina Miller, Book S-17, page 123.
Frank Brickler's death record from Tippecanoe County, IN records, 515 L. He died in 1916 in Sheffield Township, is buried at Dayton Cemetery,
1. Marriage transcript, Tippecanoe County, IN (Book S17, page 125)
2. Tippecanoe County, IN marriage transcripts, Book S17, page 123; marriage records, Book C18, page 156; death records 515L, page 88.
©2002 Mike Freed