Four Mile Church of the Brethren
Was organized in 1809 . Original site of the
church was on the Isaac Hart Farm. Early members
included the Witter, Miller and Huston
Bath Presbyterian Church
Organized in 1808 . Early Elders of
the Church were William Rose, Jedidiah and Neri Ogden. Bath Presbyterian Church had over 400 members and was a
strong church for many years. The church
was built in 1823, and was sold and razed in or about
1950. The Church was six miles south of
Liberty. The cemetery still remains.
Bethel Methodist Church
The church was built 1833 and stood until
1857. The first meetings were held as early as 1807.
Early members of the church included Jacob McIntosh, Thomas
Willis, David Stanton, along
Prichard and Sullivan families. The church stood near the Nutter Cemetery on
the Charles Nutter Farm.
Early Circuit Ministers
Samuel Baldridge, Presbyterian 1813
David Monfort, Presbyterian 1818
Lorenzo Dow, Methodist 1830
Harlan Robbins, Methodist 1840